Tuesday 29 May 2012

it's not the end. 29/05/12

I've had some devastating news this morning, although my medical was perfectly fine, the patient that would have been receiving my stem cells has relapsed. 


This basically means that the leukaemia/lymphoma has returned, and they will have to receive another course of treatment before they can even consider a stem cell transplant again.


I guess we just weren't quick enough.


I'm still on reserve for the patient for if and when they are well enough to receive a stem cell transplant, but obviously we have no idea when that will be or even if it will happen for them now.


I don't really have much to say today, I'll write a 'proper' post once I've calmed down a bit. 


Thank you to everyone who has given me their support through this process, it just reiterates how important it is that we attack this issue head on.


please keep them in your thoughts. hopefully we'll still be able to help.


R xo

No comments:

Post a Comment