Monday 28 May 2012

No news is good news 28/05/12

It has now been just under a week since my medical, and the blood test results should have been available in, at the most, 5 days from testing. This means that, hopefully, there are no problems and we can do ahead with the donation :)


The thing that is striking me most about this whole process is how easy it's all been to be honest. I knew what I was getting into from the beginning, but I honestly didn't realise how quickly and smoothly everything could run!


I've been doing a lot of digging on the internet and I realised there's barely any information out there really, a lot of people are convinced that they'll be put under general anaesthetic and be in a lot of pain and that is just not the reality at all. Also I don't know how aware people are, but there are 2 different major bone marrow registers here in the UK, the Anthony Nolan register and the NHS register. The NHS register is nowhere near as extensive as the AN one and does not link with registers all over the world in the same way that Anthony Nolan does, giving you a much wider reach and a much higher chance of finding a tissue match. that's 11 million donors, worldwide.


It's mind boggling really when you think about the size of the operation... and it's only getting bigger!


http://www.anthonynolan.org/What-you-can-do/save-a-life/Online-application.aspx


do something awesome. it'll make you feel good, and it doesn't hurt... at least nothing I've had thus far has.
Promise.


R xo

No comments:

Post a Comment